- All refunds will be based on the date that the cancellation/ withdrawal request form is received by DLC. Failure to notify the school in writing of cancellation/withdrawal may result in a delay of the refund process.
- Any refund will first be applied to any outstanding balance owed to DLC, and no refund will be issued until the tuition payment has been cleared with the bank first.
- The application fee and the class-material fees are non-refundable and will not be included in any refund calculation.
Refund Due Dates:
- All refunds will be made within ten (10) business days from the documented date of determination. The date of determination is the date on which the student gives DLC written notice of cancellation/withdrawal.
Cancellations Before Start of Class:
- Canceled Program: If DLC cancels a program subsequent to a student’s enrollment, the DLC will refund all monies paid by the student.
- Cancellation Prior to the Start of Class: If an applicant cancels prior to the start date of scheduled classes or never attends class (no show), DLC will refund all tuition paid, less non-refundable charges. DLC may refund a portion of the monies paid if the books and/or materials are never used and in proper condition for resale.
Withdrawal or Dismissal After Start of Class:
- DLC is not obligated to make refunds to students who are dismissed due to violation of DLC’s written disciplinary and/or attendance policies OR violation of local, state, or federal law.
- For courses of 300 hours or less: 1) DLC will retain the non-refundable fees plus a pro-rata portion of the non-discounted tuition calculated on a weekly basis. 2) When determining the number of weeks, DLC will consider a partial week the same as if a whole week were completed, provided the student was present at least one day during the week.
- For courses over 300 hours in length (full-time attendance): DLC will retain the non-refundable fees plus: 1) Ten percent of the non-discounted, total tuition, if withdrawal occurs in the first week; 2) Twenty percent of the non-discounted total tuition, if withdrawal occurs in the second or third week; 3) Forty-five percent of the non-discounted total tuition, if withdrawal occurs after the third week, but prior to the completion of 25 percent of the course; OR 4) Seventy percent of the non-discounted total tuition, if withdrawal occurs after 25 percent, but not more than 50 percent of the course.
- For courses over 300 hours in length (part-time): DLC will retain the non-refundable fees plus: 1) Ten percent of the non-discounted total tuition, if withdrawal occurs in the first 25 hours of scheduled attendance; 2) Twenty percent of the total tuition, if withdrawal occurs between 26 and 75 hours of scheduled attendance; OR 3) Calculated on the same basis as for full-time attendance pursuant to 3. 3) through 3. 4) above after 75 hours of scheduled attendance.
Charges Other Than Tuition:
- All extra costs and fees, such as application, books, and supplies not included in tuition, are not subject to the refund computation.
- When a student, who paid all or part of tuition and other fees by credit card, demands a refund, there will be a 3% charge on the amount returned. This fee will be deducted from the refund.
*DISCOVERY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES IN THE INFORMATION DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
IF YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL OR WITHDRAWAL FROM YOUR PROGRAM, PLEASE FIRST ASK CAMPUS ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF ABOUT THE REFUND POLICY. PLEASE NOTE THAT DISCOVERY DOES NOT UNDERTAKE ANY OBLIGATION OR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE OR AMEND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE.