Discovery Learning Center (DLC) serves a diverse, foreign-born population for whom English is a second language. This institution strives to realize two primary goals:
- Improve students’ ability to comprehend the English language; and
- Provide students with both the vocabulary and grammatical structures necessary to become fluent in English.
Goals and Objectives
We believe that this Mission can be most effectively achieved through having students meet the following objectives:
- Help students reach a level of proficiency in reading, writing, listening, and speaking the English language that allows for effective communication with others in society;
- Provide student-centered curricula and instruction;
- Support effective teaching and learning through a dedicated and experienced faculty and staff, quality facilities, and up-to-date material and equipment;
- Strive to achieve a high rate of student retention;
- Promote student well-being; and
- Provide activities that support student comprehension of American culture.